Friday 28 May 2010

Simply Create trip

I had a bit of a busman's holiday on my day off this week as we took a trip to Simply Create in Alford.

Thinking it was going to be a lovely sunny day I dressed for summer, which it was until we were approaching Cairnamount when it started to hail.  Then we got sleet, then slushy snow. Just what you expect in May!

By the time we got near the top we were down to less than 20 mph as the slush was freezing and the car was sliding about.  Still, we reckoned it was better to be going up and sliding than going down and sliding, so on we went.  Just as well we did as once over the top there was no sign of anything other than a shower of rain.

We got to Simply Create a little later than planned, but it was worth the trip as Jacqui has some lovely things in her shop.  We also met two of Jacqui's crafters who were busy doing a scrapbook for a local railway society. (Sorry I can't remember your names ladies, but it was nice meeting you both.)

After a good look round I had a bit of a spend (doesn't matter that I have my own shop, there's always something different in other shops) which along with a long, long, long, long natter with Jacqui made for a lovely day out.

An evening meal at the Alford Bistro, near Simply Create, and it was back down the road, this time going by the main road, just in case.  So if you are up Aberdeenshire way, drop in and see Jacqui.  You are guaranteed a warm welcome.  I know I'm looking forward to my next visit.

No comments: