Friday 21 May 2010

Off-roading again!

We were off to Dunkeld again yesterday morning to enjoy a bit more off-roading. This time we were driving a £66,000 Range Rover, something that's been on my 'If I win the Lottery' list since I discovered the joys of off-roading.

The day, as before, was brilliant, helped in no small part by Gilbert, one of the Centre's Lead Instructors.  He has a great deal of patience and a fantastic way of teaching, so that anyone can develop and enjoy their off-road driving skills whatever their abilities.

While we were there the local wildlife made a few appearances in the form of a couple of herds of deer who were totally unfazed by the presence of a large lump of vehicle, or the brief appearance of an RAF jet as it thundered low overhead.  They only vanished when some quads noisily appeared and disappeared.

While we didn't quite manage to follow in the tracks of the deer we had great fun going up, down and round some seemingly impossible slopes.  So much so that I was absolutely knackered by the end of my session and glad to let Ross drive for a while.

I'm looking forward to going back again and trying one of the whole day courses.

Oh, and my 'Lottery List' Range Rover? I've replaced it with a Discovery 4, it's a much nicer drive. And I'm having it in purple! Now where did I put my Lottery ticket ...

2 comments:

Wiccababe said...

sounds like great fun Louise - and I certainly approve of the purple!
Debz
x

Louise said...

Yes it was fun, now just have to save up for the more advanced 1 day adventure. Hope you can visit soon, it was a shame you didn't make Wednesday, hope all is well.